Freshmark is proud to announce that Board Member, Caroline Pisciuneri, has won the Cole John Young Achievers Award. The award was announced at the 2022 Hort Conference Gala Dinner, where more than 1,000 delegates cheered as Caroline received the award. It was stated;
“Caroline is a proactive member of the horticultural industry with involvement with her family-owned wholesale business All Seasons Produce in Sydney Markets and holding several Director roles with Freshmark, Sydney Markets Foundation and Sydney Markets Limited. Caroline is keenly aware of the sustainability of the Central Market System and that one dependency pillar is attracting the younger generation into this industry. Caroline has worked with Freshmark Management on strategies to create employment opportunities and career pathways for the young that provides skills and qualifications.”
The Col Johnson Young Achievers’ Award is provided by the Australian Chamber of Fresh Markets Australia, and show criteria includes:
1. support for the initiatives of the Chamber at local and national level
2. interest in the good of the Horticultural industry
3. strong commitment to the Marketing/Wholesaling sector in their local Central Markets and the Central Markets system
4. attendance and contribution at Chamber conferences and other activities at local and national level
5. involvement with, and encouragement of, young Members’ participation in the industry
6. business and personal professional ethics
7. potential for representation/leadership responsibilities within the Chamber and the Horticultural industry.
From all of us at Freshmark, thank you for your passion that helps drive the future of our industry in a positive direction!